- (v. t.) To dress or finish up (cloth); to pick knots, burs, loose threads, etc., from, as in finishing cloth.
- (n.) A knot or lump in thread or cloth.
- (n.) An overgrown knot, or an excrescence, on a tree; also, veneer made from such excrescences.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BLUR
- (n.) That which obscures without effacing; a stain; a blot, as upon paper or other substance.
- (n.) A dim, confused appearance; indistinctness of vision; as, to see things with a blur; it was all blur.
- (n.) A moral stain or blot.
- (v. t.) To render obscure by making the form or outline of confused and uncertain, as by soiling; to smear; to make indistinct and confused; as, to blur manuscript by handling it while damp; to blur the impression of a woodcut by an excess of ink.
- (v. t.) To cause imperfection of vision in; to dim; to darken.
- (v. t.) To sully; to stain; to blemish, as reputation.