- (n.) The ace of clubs in quadrille and omber.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BOATS
- A small vessel for travel on water.
- Ride in a boat on water.
- A dish (often boat-shaped) for serving gravy or sauce
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) To vaunt one's self; to brag; to say or tell things which are intended to give others a high opinion of one's self or of things belonging to one's self; as, to boast of one's exploits courage, descent, wealth.
- (v. i.) To speak in exulting language of another; to glory; to exult.
- (v. t.) To display in ostentatious language; to speak of with pride, vanity, or exultation, with a view to self-commendation; to extol.
- (v. t.) To display vaingloriously.
- (v. t.) To possess or have; as, to boast a name.
- (v. t.) To dress, as a stone, with a broad chisel.
- (v. t.) To shape roughly as a preparation for the finer work to follow; to cut to the general form required.
- (n.) Act of boasting; vaunting or bragging.
- (n.) The cause of boasting; occasion of pride or exultation, -- sometimes of laudable pride or exultation.
- (n.) A kind of wooden shoe worn by the peasantry in France, Belgium, Sweden, and some other European countries.
- (n.) A thick, circular disk of wood, to which the cartridge bag and projectile are attached, in fixed ammunition for cannon; also, a piece of soft metal attached to a projectile to take the groove of the rifling.