Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BOBS
- A former monetary unit in Great Britain
- Cut hair in the style of a bob; "Bernice bobs her hair these days!"
- Make a curtsy; usually done only by girls and women; as a sign of respect; "She curtsied when she shook the Queen's hand"
- Remove or shorten the tail of an animal
- Move up and down repeatedly; "her rucksack bobbed gently on her back"
- Ride a bobsled; "The boys bobbed down the hill screaming with pleasure"
- A short abrupt inclination (as of the head); "he gave me a short bob of acknowledgement"
- A short or shortened tail of certain animals
- A small float usually made of cork; attached to a fishing line
- A hanging weight, especially a metal ball on a string
- A long racing sled (for 2 or more people) with a steering mechanism
- A hair style for women and children; a short haircut all around