- Remarkable or wonderful
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) An alloy of copper and tin, to which small proportions of other metals, especially zinc, are sometimes added. It is hard and sonorous, and is used for statues, bells, cannon, etc., the proportions of the ingredients being varied to suit the particular purposes. The varieties containing the higher proportions of tin are brittle, as in bell metal and speculum metal.
- (a.) A statue, bust, etc., cast in bronze.
- (a.) A yellowish or reddish brown, the color of bronze; also, a pigment or powder for imitating bronze.
- (a.) Boldness; impudence; "brass."
- (n.) To give an appearance of bronze to, by a coating of bronze powder, or by other means; to make of the color of bronze; as, to bronze plaster casts; to bronze coins or medals.
- (n.) To make hard or unfeeling; to brazen.