- Make a hole, especially with a pointed power or hand tool; "don't drill here, there's a gas pipe"; "drill a hole into the wall"; "drill for oil"; "carpenter bees are boring holes into the wall"
- Cause to be bored
- A hole or passage made by a drill; usually made for exploratory purposes
- Diameter of a tube or gun barrel
- A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary)
- A person who evokes boredom
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: BOERS
- (n.) Pottage made by pouring some boiling liquid on meal (esp. oatmeal), and stirring it. It is called beef brose, water brose, etc., according to the name of the liquid (beef broth, hot water, etc.) used.
- Clothe formally; especially in ecclesiastical robes
- Cover as if with clothing; "the mountain was clothed in tropical trees"
- Outerwear consisting of a long flowing garment used for official or ceremonial occasions
- Any loose flowing garment
- (superl.) Temperate in the use of spirituous liquors; habitually temperate; as, a sober man.
- (superl.) Not intoxicated or excited by spirituous liquors; as, the sot may at times be sober.
- (superl.) Not mad or insane; not wild, visionary, or heated with passion; exercising cool, dispassionate reason; self-controlled; self-possessed.
- (superl.) Not proceeding from, or attended with, passion; calm; as, sober judgment; a man in his sober senses.
- (superl.) Serious or subdued in demeanor, habit, appearance, or color; solemn; grave; sedate.
- (v. t.) To make sober.
- (v. i.) To become sober; -- often with down.