Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BOILS
- Immerse or be immersed in a boiling liquid, often for cooking purposes; "boil potatoes"; "boil wool"
- Bring to, or maintain at, the boiling point; "boil this liquid until it evaporates"
- Come to the boiling point and change from a liquid to vapor; "Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius"
- Be in an agitated emotional state; "The customer was seething with anger"
- The temperature at which a liquid boils at sea level; "they brought the water to a boil"
- Be agitated; "the sea was churning in the storm"
- A painful sore with a hard core filled with pus
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A meteor or brilliant shooting star, followed by a train of light or sparks; esp. one which explodes.