Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BOLD
- (n.) Forward to meet danger; venturesome; daring; not timorous or shrinking from risk; brave; courageous.
- (n.) Exhibiting or requiring spirit and contempt of danger; planned with courage; daring; vigorous.
- (n.) In a bad sense, too forward; taking undue liberties; over assuming or confident; lacking proper modesty or restraint; rude; impudent.
- (n.) Somewhat overstepping usual bounds, or conventional rules, as in art, literature, etc.; taking liberties in composition or expression; as, the figures of an author are bold.
- (n.) Standing prominently out to view; markedly conspicuous; striking the eye; in high relief.
- (n.) Steep; abrupt; prominent.
- (v. i.) To be or become bold.
- (v. t.) To make bold or daring.