Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BORER
- (n.) One that bores; an instrument for boring.
- (n.) A marine, bivalve mollusk, of the genus Teredo and allies, which burrows in wood. See Teredo.
- (n.) Any bivalve mollusk (Saxicava, Lithodomus, etc.) which bores into limestone and similar substances.
- (n.) One of the larvae of many species of insects, which penetrate trees, as the apple, peach, pine, etc. See Apple borer, under Apple.
- (n.) The hagfish (Myxine).