- Liquid in which meat and vegetables are simmered; used as a basis for e.g. soups or sauces; "she made gravy with a base of beef stock"
- A thin soup of meat or fish or vegetable stock
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BORSHT
- A Russian or Polish soup usually containing beet juice as a foundation
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Expand and contract rhythmically; beat rhythmically; "The baby's heart was pulsating again after the surgeon massaged it"
- Tremble convulsively, as from fear or excitement
- An instance of rapid strong pulsation (of the heart); "he felt a throbbing in his head"
- Pulsate or pound with abnormal force; "my head is throbbing"; "Her heart was throbbing"
- A deep pulsating type of pain