- (v. i.) To fall off from the wind; to edge away to leeward; -- said only of inferior craft.
- (n.) The boce; -- called also bogue bream. See Boce.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BOUGE
- (n.) Bouche (see Bouche, 2); food and drink; provisions.
- (v. i.) To swell out.
- (v. i.) To bilge.
- (v. t.) To stave in; to bilge.
- (v. t.) To scoop out with a gouge.
- (v. t.) To scoop out, as an eye, with the thumb nail; to force out the eye of (a person) with the thumb.
- (v. t.) To cheat in a bargain; to chouse.