- (n.) Pledge; borrow.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BOWER
- (n.) One of the two highest cards in the pack commonly used in the game of euchre.
- (n.) Anciently, a chamber; a lodging room; esp., a lady's private apartment.
- (n.) A rustic cottage or abode; poetically, an attractive abode or retreat.
- (n.) A shelter or covered place in a garden, made with boughs of trees or vines, etc., twined together; an arbor; a shady recess.
- (n.) A young hawk, when it begins to leave the nest.
- (v. & n.) One who bows or bends.
- (v. & n.) An anchor carried at the bow of a ship.
- (v. & n.) A muscle that bends a limb, esp. the arm.
- (v. i.) To lodge.
- (v. t.) To embower; to inclose.