Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BRAID
- (n.) A plait, band, or narrow fabric formed by intertwining or weaving together different strands.
- (n.) A narrow fabric, as of wool, silk, or linen, used for binding, trimming, or ornamenting dresses, etc.
- (n.) A quick motion; a start.
- (n.) A fancy; freak; caprice.
- (v. i.) To start; to awake.
- (v. t.) To weave, interlace, or entwine together, as three or more strands or threads; to form into a braid; to plait.
- (v. t.) To mingle, or to bring to a uniformly soft consistence, by beating, rubbing, or straining, as in some culinary operations.
- (v. t.) To reproach. [Obs.] See Upbraid.
- (v. t.) Deceitful.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Furious; raging; extremely violent.
- (n.) Extreme, unreasonable, or fanatical in opinion; excessively zealous; as, a rabid socialist.
- (n.) Affected with the distemper called rabies; mad; as, a rabid dog or fox.
- (n.) Of or pertaining to rabies, or hydrophobia; as, rabid virus.