Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BREATHE
- (v. i.) To respire; to inhale and exhale air; hence;, to live.
- (v. i.) To take breath; to rest from action.
- (v. i.) To pass like breath; noiselessly or gently; to exhale; to emanate; to blow gently.
- (v. t.) To inhale and exhale in the process of respiration; to respire.
- (v. t.) To inject by breathing; to infuse; -- with into.
- (v. t.) To emit or utter by the breath; to utter softly; to whisper; as, to breathe a vow.
- (v. t.) To exhale; to emit, as breath; as, the flowers breathe odors or perfumes.
- (v. t.) To express; to manifest; to give forth.
- (v. t.) To act upon by the breath; to cause to sound by breathing.
- (v. t.) To promote free respiration in; to exercise.
- (v. t.) To suffer to take breath, or recover the natural breathing; to rest; as, to breathe a horse.
- (v. t.) To put out of breath; to exhaust.
- (v. t.) To utter without vocality, as the nonvocal consonants.