- (n.) A narrow shelf or path between the bottom of a parapet and the ditch.
- (n.) A ledge at the bottom of a bank or cutting, to catch earth that may roll down the slope, or to strengthen the bank.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BREME
- (a.) Fierce; sharp; severe; cruel.
- (a.) Famous; renowned; well known.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A lighted coal, smoldering amid ashes; -- used chiefly in the plural, to signify mingled coals and ashes; the smoldering remains of a fire.
- (a.) Making a circuit of the year of the seasons; recurring in each quarter of the year; as, ember fasts.