- (n.) Alt. of Fibre
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions of: BRIEF
- (a.) Short in duration.
- (a.) Concise; terse; succinct.
- (a.) Rife; common; prevalent.
- (a.) A short concise writing or letter; a statement in few words.
- (a.) An epitome.
- (a.) An abridgment or concise statement of a client's case, made out for the instruction of counsel in a trial at law. This word is applied also to a statement of the heads or points of a law argument.
- (a.) A writ; a breve. See Breve, n., 2.
- (adv.) Briefly.
- (adv.) Soon; quickly.
- (n.) A writ issuing from the chancery, directed to any judge ordinary, commanding and authorizing that judge to call a jury to inquire into the case, and upon their verdict to pronounce sentence.
- (n.) A letter patent, from proper authority, authorizing a collection or charitable contribution of money in churches, for any public or private purpose.
- (v. t.) To make an abstract or abridgment of; to shorten; as, to brief pleadings.
- (n.) One of the delicate, threadlike portions of which the tissues of plants and animals are in part constituted; as, the fiber of flax or of muscle.
- (n.) Any fine, slender thread, or threadlike substance; as, a fiber of spun glass; especially, one of the slender rootlets of a plant.
- (n.) Sinew; strength; toughness; as, a man of real fiber.
- (n.) A general name for the raw material, such as cotton, flax, hemp, etc., used in textile manufactures.
- A tough vegetable fiber used as a substitute for bristles in making brushes. The piassava and the ixtle are both used under this name.