- (n.) A fillet or narrow woven fabric, commonly of silk, used for trimming some part of a woman's attire, for badges, and other decorative purposes.
- (n.) A narrow strip or shred; as, a steel or magnesium ribbon; sails torn to ribbons.
- (n.) Same as Rib-band.
- (n.) Driving reins.
- (n.) A bearing similar to the bend, but only one eighth as wide.
- (n.) A silver.
- (v. t.) To adorn with, or as with, ribbons; to mark with stripes resembling ribbons.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A kind of package in which pepper and other dry commodities are sometimes exported from the East Indies. The robbin of rice in Malabar weighs about 84 pounds.
- (n.) See Ropeband.