Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BUCKS
- Mature male of various mammals (especially deer or antelope)
- Jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched; "the yung filly bucked"
- A framework for holding wood that is being sawed
- Move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
- A gymnastic horse without pommels and with one end elongated; used lengthwise for vaulting
- Resist; "buck the trend"
- United States author whose novels drew on her experiences as a missionary in China (1892-1973)
- To strive with determination; "John is bucking for a promotion"
- A piece of paper money worth one dollar