Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BUFF
- (a.) A wheel covered with buff leather, and used in polishing cutlery, spoons, etc.
- (a.) The bare skin; as, to strip to the buff.
- (a.) Made of buff leather.
- (a.) Of the color of buff.
- (a.) Firm; sturdy.
- (n.) A sort of leather, prepared from the skin of the buffalo, dressed with oil, like chamois; also, the skins of oxen, elks, and other animals, dressed in like manner.
- (n.) The color of buff; a light yellow, shading toward pink, gray, or brown.
- (n.) A military coat, made of buff leather.
- (n.) The grayish viscid substance constituting the buffy coat. See Buffy coat, under Buffy, a.
- (n.) A buffet; a blow; -- obsolete except in the phrase "Blindman's buff."
- (v. t.) To polish with a buff. See Buff, n., 5.
- (v. t.) To strike.