- (n.) The bilge or protuberant part of a cask.
- (n.) A swelling, protuberant part; a bending outward, esp. when caused by pressure; as, a bulge in a wall.
- (n.) The bilge of a vessel. See Bilge, 2.
- (v. i.) To swell or jut out; to bend outward, as a wall when it yields to pressure; to be protuberant; as, the wall bulges.
- (v. i.) To bilge, as a ship; to founder.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BUGLE
- (a.) Jet black.
- (n.) A sort of wild ox; a buffalo.
- (n.) A horn used by hunters.
- (n.) A copper instrument of the horn quality of tone, shorter and more conical that the trumpet, sometimes keyed; formerly much used in military bands, very rarely in the orchestra; now superseded by the cornet; -- called also the Kent bugle.
- (n.) An elongated glass bead, of various colors, though commonly black.
- (n.) A plant of the genus Ajuga of the Mint family, a native of the Old World.