- The choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
- A small piece; "a nub of coal"; "a stub of a pencil"
- A small lump or protuberance
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BUNS
- Small rounded bread either plain or sweet
- The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) To sob with convulsions.
- (v. t.) To clip or break off the end of; to check or stunt the growth of; to nop.
- (v. t.) To check, stop, or rebuke, with a tart, sarcastic reply or remark; to reprimand; to check.
- (v. t.) To treat with contempt or neglect, as a forward or pretentious person; to slight designedly.
- (n.) A knot; a protuberance; a song.
- (n.) A check or rebuke; an intended slight.