Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BUOY
- (n.) A float; esp. a floating object moored to the bottom, to mark a channel or to point out the position of something beneath the water, as an anchor, shoal, rock, etc.
- (v. i.) To float; to rise like a buoy.
- (v. t.) To keep from sinking in a fluid, as in water or air; to keep afloat; -- with up.
- (v. t.) To support or sustain; to preserve from sinking into ruin or despondency.
- (v. t.) To fix buoys to; to mark by a buoy or by buoys; as, to buoy an anchor; to buoy or buoy off a channel.