Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BUST
- (n.) A piece of sculpture representing the upper part of the human figure, including the head, shoulders, and breast.
- (n.) The portion of the human figure included between the head and waist, whether in statuary or in the person; the chest or thorax; the upper part of the trunk of the body.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The stump of a tree; that part of a tree or plant which remains fixed in the earth when the stem is cut down; -- applied especially to the stump of a small tree, or shrub.
- (n.) A log; a block; a blockhead.
- (n.) The short blunt part of anything after larger part has been broken off or used up; hence, anything short and thick; as, the stub of a pencil, candle, or cigar.
- (n.) A part of a leaf in a check book, after a check is torn out, on which the number, amount, and destination of the check are usually recorded.
- (n.) A pen with a short, blunt nib.
- (n.) A stub nail; an old horseshoe nail; also, stub iron.
- (v. t.) To grub up by the roots; to extirpate; as, to stub up edible roots.
- (v. t.) To remove stubs from; as, to stub land.
- (v. t.) To strike as the toes, against a stub, stone, or other fixed object.
- A relatively large open container that you fill with water and use to wash the body
- A large open vessel for holding or storing liquids
- The amount that a tub will hold; "a tub of water"