- (v. t.) To sprinkle, soil, or cover with dust.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BUSTED
- Break open or apart suddenly and forcefully; "The dam burst"
- Out of working order (`busted' is an informal substitute for `broken');
- Separate or cause to separate abruptly; "The rope snapped"; "tear the paper"
- Search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on; "The police raided the crack house"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To set or adorn, as with studs or bosses; to set thickly; to stud; as, to bestud with stars.
- Appear for the first time in public; "The new ballet that debuts next months at Covent Garden, is already sold out"
- Make one's debut; "This young soprano debuts next month at the Metropolitan Opera"
- The act of beginning something new; "they looked forward to the debut of their new product line"
- Present for the first time to the public; "The band debuts a new song or two each month"
- The presentation of a debutante in society