- Strike (one's toe) accidentally against an object; "She stubbed her toe in the dark and now it's broken"
- Clear of weeds by uprooting them; "stub a field"
- Extinguish by crushing; "stub out your cigarette now"
- The small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
- Pull up (weeds) by their roots
- The part of a check that is retained as a record
- A torn part of a ticket returned to the holder as a receipt
- A small piece; "a nub of coal"; "a stub of a pencil"
- A short piece remaining on a trunk or stem where a branch is lost
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BUSTS
- Separate or cause to separate abruptly; "The rope snapped"; "tear the paper"
- An occasion for excessive eating or drinking; "they went on a bust that lasted three days"
- Search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on; "The police raided the crack house"
- A sculpture of the head and shoulders of a person
- The chest of a woman
- A complete failure; "the play was a dismal flop"
- Break open or apart suddenly and forcefully; "The dam burst"