Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BUTTER
- (n.) An oily, unctuous substance obtained from cream or milk by churning.
- (n.) Any substance resembling butter in degree of consistence, or other qualities, especially, in old chemistry, the chlorides, as butter of antimony, sesquichloride of antimony; also, certain concrete fat oils remaining nearly solid at ordinary temperatures, as butter of cacao, vegetable butter, shea butter.
- (n.) One who, or that which, butts.
- (v. t.) To cover or spread with butter.
- (v. t.) To increase, as stakes, at every throw or every game.