Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: CAKE
- (n.) A small mass of dough baked; especially, a thin loaf from unleavened dough; as, an oatmeal cake; johnnycake.
- (n.) A sweetened composition of flour and other ingredients, leavened or unleavened, baked in a loaf or mass of any size or shape.
- (n.) A thin wafer-shaped mass of fried batter; a griddlecake or pancake; as buckwheat cakes.
- (n.) A mass of matter concreted, congealed, or molded into a solid mass of any form, esp. into a form rather flat than high; as, a cake of soap; an ague cake.
- (v. i.) To form into a cake, or mass.
- (v. i.) To concrete or consolidate into a hard mass, as dough in an oven; to coagulate.
- (v. i.) To cackle as a goose.