Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: CAKE
- (n.) A small mass of dough baked; especially, a thin loaf from unleavened dough; as, an oatmeal cake; johnnycake.
- (n.) A sweetened composition of flour and other ingredients, leavened or unleavened, baked in a loaf or mass of any size or shape.
- (n.) A thin wafer-shaped mass of fried batter; a griddlecake or pancake; as buckwheat cakes.
- (n.) A mass of matter concreted, congealed, or molded into a solid mass of any form, esp. into a form rather flat than high; as, a cake of soap; an ague cake.
- (v. i.) To form into a cake, or mass.
- (v. i.) To concrete or consolidate into a hard mass, as dough in an oven; to coagulate.
- (v. i.) To cackle as a goose.