- Be without; "This soup lacks salt"; "There is something missing in my jewelry box!"
- The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable; "there is a serious lack of insight into the problem"; "water is the critical deficiency in desert regions"; "for want of a nail the shoe was lost"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: CALKS
- Injure with a calk
- Seal with caulking; "caulk the window"
- Provide with calks; "calk horse shoes"
- A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Small coal; also, coal dust; culm.
- (n.) A valley, or small, shallow dell.
- (superl.) Lax; not tense; not hard drawn; not firmly extended; as, a slack rope.
- (superl.) Weak; not holding fast; as, a slack hand.
- (superl.) Remiss; backward; not using due diligence or care; not earnest or eager; as, slack in duty or service.
- (superl.) Not violent, rapid, or pressing; slow; moderate; easy; as, business is slack.
- (adv.) Slackly; as, slack dried hops.
- (n.) The part of anything that hangs loose, having no strain upon it; as, the slack of a rope or of a sail.
- (a.) Alt. of Slacken
- (v. t.) Alt. of Slacken