- A prefix, in names of Scotch origin, signifying son.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: CAM
- (a.) Crooked.
- (n.) A turning or sliding piece which, by the shape of its periphery or face, or a groove in its surface, imparts variable or intermittent motion to, or receives such motion from, a rod, lever, or block brought into sliding or rolling contact with it.
- (n.) A curved wedge, movable about an axis, used for forcing or clamping two pieces together.
- (n.) A projecting part of a wheel or other moving piece so shaped as to give alternate or variable motion to another piece against which it acts.
- (n.) A ridge or mound of earth.