Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: CAN
- An obs. form of began, imp. & p. p. of Begin, sometimes used in old poetry. [See Gan.]
- (n.) A drinking cup; a vessel for holding liquids.
- (n.) A vessel or case of tinned iron or of sheet metal, of various forms, but usually cylindrical; as, a can of tomatoes; an oil can; a milk can.
- (v. t.) To preserve by putting in sealed cans
- (v. t. & i.) To know; to understand.
- (v. t. & i.) To be able to do; to have power or influence.
- (v. t. & i.) To be able; -- followed by an infinitive without to; as, I can go, but do not wish to.