- The distance covered by a step; "he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
- Measure (distances) by pacing; "step off ten yards"
- The rate of moving (especially walking or running)
- Regulate or set the pace of; "Pace your efforts"
- The rate of some repeating event
- Walk with slow or fast paces; "He paced up and down the hall"
- Go at a pace; "The horse paced"
- A step in walking or running
- The relative speed of progress or change; "he lived at a fast pace"; "he works at a great rate"; "the pace of events accelerated"
- A unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: CAPES
- A sleeveless garment like a cloak but shorter
- A strip of land projecting into a body of water
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A peduncle rising from the ground or from a subterranean stem, as in the stemless violets, the bloodroot, and the like.
- (n.) The long basal joint of the antennae of an insect.
- (n.) The shaft of a column.
- (n.) The apophyge of a shaft.
- (v. t. & i.) To escape.
- (n.) An escape.
- (n.) Means of escape; evasion.
- (n.) A freak; a slip; a fault; an escapade.
- (n.) Loose act of vice or lewdness.
- (n.) Extension, considered independently of anything which it may contain; that which makes extended objects conceivable and possible.
- (n.) Place, having more or less extension; room.
- (n.) A quantity or portion of extension; distance from one thing to another; an interval between any two or more objects; as, the space between two stars or two hills; the sound was heard for the space of a mile.
- (n.) Quantity of time; an interval between two points of time; duration; time.
- (n.) A short time; a while.
- (n.) Walk; track; path; course.
- (n.) A small piece of metal cast lower than a face type, so as not to receive the ink in printing, -- used to separate words or letters.
- (n.) The distance or interval between words or letters in the lines, or between lines, as in books.
- (n.) One of the intervals, or open places, between the lines of the staff.
- (n.) To walk; to rove; to roam.
- (n.) To arrange or adjust the spaces in or between; as, to space words, lines, or letters.