- (v. t.) To trace up or out.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: CAPTURE
- (n.) The act of seizing by force, or getting possession of by superior power or by stratagem; as, the capture of an enemy, a vessel, or a criminal.
- (n.) The securing of an object of strife or desire, as by the power of some attraction.
- (n.) The thing taken by force, surprise, or stratagem; a prize; prey.
- (v. t.) To seize or take possession of by force, surprise, or stratagem; to overcome and hold; to secure by effort.