- (n.) A shard or fragment.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: CARDS
- A witty amusing person who makes jokes
- Thin cardboard, usually rectangular
- One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes; "he collected cards and traded them with the other boys"
- Ask someone for identification to determine whether he or she is old enough to consume liquor; "I was carded when I tried to buy a beer!"
- A printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
- Separate the fibers of; "tease wool"
- A card certifying the identity of the bearer; "he had to show his card to get in"
- A game played with playing cards
- (baseball) a list of batters in the order in which they will bat; "the managers presented their cards to the umpire at home plate"
- A list of dishes available at a restaurant; "the menu was in French"
- (golf) a record of scores (as in golf); "you