- (n.) A genus of plants; also, the most important species (Arnica montana), native of the mountains of Europe, used in medicine as a narcotic and stimulant.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: CARINA
- (n.) A keel
- (n.) That part of a papilionaceous flower, consisting of two petals, commonly united, which incloses the organs of fructification
- (n.) A longitudinal ridge or projection like the keel of a boat.
- (n.) The keel of the breastbone of birds.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A genus of living Brachiopoda; -- so called from its fancied resemblance to the cranium or skull.
- (pl.) of Cranium
- (n.) The brown coati. See Coati.