- (a.) Equal in rank or order; not subordinate.
- (v. t.) To make coordinate; to put in the same order or rank; as, to coordinate ideas in classification.
- (v. t.) To give a common action, movement, or condition to; to regulate and combine so as to produce harmonious action; to adjust; to harmonize; as, to coordinate muscular movements.
- (n.) A thing of the same rank with another thing; one two or more persons or things of equal rank, authority, or importance.
- (n.) Lines, or other elements of reference, by means of which the position of any point, as of a curve, is defined with respect to certain fixed lines, or planes, called coordinate axes and coordinate planes. See Abscissa.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: CAROTENOID
- Any of a class of highly unsaturated yellow to red pigments occurring in plants and animals
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The act of adorning, embellishing, or honoring; ornamentation.
- (n.) That which adorns, enriches, or beautifies; something added by way of embellishment; ornament.
- (n.) Specifically, any mark of honor to be worn upon the person, as a medal, cross, or ribbon of an order of knighthood, bestowed for services in war, great achievements in literature, art, etc.