- (n.) A portion of anything taken separately; a fragment of a whole; a part.
- (n.) A part; a portion; a piece; as, a certain piece of land is part and parcel of another piece.
- (n.) An indiscriminate or indefinite number, measure, or quantity; a collection; a group.
- (n.) A number or quantity of things put up together; a bundle; a package; a packet.
- (v. t.) To divide and distribute by parts or portions; -- often with out or into.
- (v. t.) To add a parcel or item to; to itemize.
- (v. t.) To make up into a parcel; as, to parcel a customer's purchases; the machine parcels yarn, wool, etc.
- (a. & adv.) Part or half; in part; partially. Shak. [Sometimes hyphened with the word following.]
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: CARPEL
- (n.) Alt. of Carpellum
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One who places or sets.
- (n.) A deposit of earth, sand, or gravel, containing valuable mineral in particles, especially by the side of a river, or in the bed of a mountain torrent.