- (n.) A gambling game with dice.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: CARPS
- (pl.) of Carp
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A band in the same position as the bend sinister, but only half as broad as the latter.
- (n.) The slope of the ditch nearest the parapet; the escarp.
- (n.) A steep descent or declivity.
- (v. t.) To cut down perpendicularly, or nearly so; as, to scarp the face of a ditch or a rock.
- (v. t.) Something scraped off; hence, a small piece; a bit; a fragment; a detached, incomplete portion.
- (v. t.) Specifically, a fragment of something written or printed; a brief excerpt; an unconnected extract.
- (v. t.) The crisp substance that remains after drying out animal fat; as, pork scraps.
- (v. t.) Same as Scrap iron, below.