Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: CAVALIER
- (a.) Gay; easy; offhand; frank.
- (a.) High-spirited.
- (a.) Supercilious; haughty; disdainful; curt; brusque.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the party of King Charles I.
- (n.) A military man serving on horseback; a knight.
- (n.) A gay, sprightly, military man; hence, a gallant.
- (n.) One of the court party in the time of king Charles I. as contrasted with a Roundhead or an adherent of Parliament.
- (n.) A work of more than ordinary height, rising from the level ground of a bastion, etc., and overlooking surrounding parts.