- (n.) A moderate and easy gallop adapted to pleasure riding.
- (n.) A rapid or easy passing over.
- (v. i.) To move in a canter.
- (v. t.) To cause, as a horse, to go at a canter; to ride (a horse) at a canter.
- (n.) One who cants or whines; a beggar.
- (n.) One who makes hypocritical pretensions to goodness; one who uses canting language.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: CENTRA
- (pl.) of Centrum
- A document which excuses import duty.also a book of travel tickets which offer a dicount.
- 1. A book of tickets, travel coupons etc 2. An official pass or permit, especially for one crossing national boundaries 3. A book of postage stamps
- (a.) Creative; formative.
- (a.) Pertaining to Crete, or Candia.
- (n.) A native or inhabitant of Crete or Candia.
- (n.) The drink of the gods (as ambrosia was their food); hence, any delicious or inspiring beverage.
- (n.) A sweetish secretion of blossoms from which bees make honey.
- (v. t.) To withdraw or repudiate formally and publicly (opinions formerly expressed); to contradict, as a former declaration; to take back openly; to retract; to recall.
- (v. i.) To revoke a declaration or proposition; to unsay what has been said; to retract; as, convince me that I am wrong, and I will recant.
- (n.) Same as Tenrec.
- (n.) A tedious journey.
- (n.) A state in which the soul seems to have passed out of the body into another state of being, or to be rapt into visions; an ecstasy.
- (n.) A condition, often simulating death, in which there is a total suspension of the power of voluntary movement, with abolition of all evidences of mental activity and the reduction to a minimum of all the vital functions so that the patient lies still and apparently unconscious of surrounding objects, while the pulsation of the heart and the breathing, although still present, are almost or altogether imperceptible.
- (v. t.) To entrance.
- (v. t.) To pass over or across; to traverse.
- (v. i.) To pass; to travel.