Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: CHALLENGES
- A demand by a sentry for a password or identification
- Questioning a statement and demanding an explanation; "his challenge of the assumption that Japan is still our enemy"
- Raise a formal objection in a court of law
- A formal objection to the selection of a particular person as a juror
- Ask for identification; "The illegal immigrant was challenged by the border guard"
- A call to engage in a contest or fight
- Issue a challenge to; "Fischer challenged Spassky to a match"
- A demanding or stimulating situation; "they reacted irrationally to the challenge of Russian power"
- Take exception to; "She challenged his claims"