Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: CHART
- (n.) A sheet of paper, pasteboard, or the like, on which information is exhibited, esp. when the information is arranged in tabular form; as, an historical chart.
- (n.) A map; esp., a hydrographic or marine map; a map on which is projected a portion of water and the land which it surrounds, or by which it is surrounded, intended especially for the use of seamen; as, the United States Coast Survey charts; the English Admiralty charts.
- (n.) A written deed; a charter.
- (v. t.) To lay down in a chart; to map; to delineate; as, to chart a coast.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Same as Rotche.
- (n.) A ratchet wheel, or notched bar, with which a pawl or click works.