Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: CHECKS
- Slow the growth or development of;
- Something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
- Lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "
- Examine so as to determine accuracy, quality, or condition;
- An appraisal of the state of affairs;
- Make an examination or investigation;
- Additional proof that something that was believed (some fact or hypothesis or theory) is correct;
- Develop (children's) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control;
- Be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something;
- The bill in a restaurant;
- A mark indicating that something has been noted or completed etc.;
- A written order directing a bank to pay money;
- The state of inactivity following an interruption;
- The act of inspecting or verifying;
- Mark into squares or draw squares on; draw crossed lines on