- (n.) Neglect; negligence; remissness; neglect to do a thing at the proper time; delay to assert a claim.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: CHELA
- (n.) The pincherlike claw of Crustacea and Arachnida.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) See 3d Leech.
- (n.) A quantity of wood ashes, through which water passes, and thus imbibes the alkali.
- (n.) A tub or vat for leaching ashes, bark, etc.
- (v. t.) To remove the soluble constituents from by subjecting to the action of percolating water or other liquid; as, to leach ashes or coffee.
- (v. t.) To dissolve out; -- often used with out; as, to leach out alkali from ashes.
- (v. i.) To part with soluble constituents by percolation.
- (n.) See Leech, a physician.