Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: CHESTNUT
- (a.) Of the color of a chestnut; of a reddish brown color; as, chestnut curls.
- (n.) The edible nut of a forest tree (Castanea vesca) of Europe and America. Commonly two or more of the nuts grow in a prickly bur.
- (n.) The tree itself, or its light, coarse-grained timber, used for ornamental work, furniture, etc.
- (n.) A bright brown color, like that of the nut.
- (n.) The horse chestnut (often so used in England).
- (n.) One of the round, or oval, horny plates on the inner sides of the legs of the horse, and allied animals.
- (n.) An old joke or story.