- Relating to or containing or affecting blood; "a hematic cyst"; "a hematic crisis"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: CHIME
- (n.) See Chine, n., 3.
- (n.) The harmonious sound of bells, or of musical instruments.
- (n.) A set of bells musically tuned to each other; specif., in the pl., the music performed on such a set of bells by hand, or produced by mechanism to accompany the striking of the hours or their divisions.
- (n.) Pleasing correspondence of proportion, relation, or sound.
- (n.) To sound in harmonious accord, as bells.
- (n.) To be in harmony; to agree; to suit; to harmonize; to correspond; to fall in with.
- (n.) To join in a conversation; to express assent; -- followed by in or in with.
- (n.) To make a rude correspondence of sounds; to jingle, as in rhyming.
- (v. i.) To cause to sound in harmony; to play a tune, as upon a set of bells; to move or strike in harmony.
- (v. i.) To utter harmoniously; to recite rhythmically.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) To lie hid; to skulk; to act, or carry one's self, sneakingly.