Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: CHORD
- (n.) The string of a musical instrument.
- (n.) A combination of tones simultaneously performed, producing more or less perfect harmony, as, the common chord.
- (n.) A right line uniting the extremities of the arc of a circle or curve.
- (n.) A cord. See Cord, n., 4.
- (n.) The upper or lower part of a truss, usually horizontal, resisting compression or tension.
- (v. i.) To accord; to harmonize together; as, this note chords with that.
- (v. t.) To provide with musical chords or strings; to string; to tune.