- (n.) An enlargement, or series of enlargements, in the anterior part of the alimentary canal, in which food is digested; any cavity in which digestion takes place in an animal; a digestive cavity. See Digestion, and Gastric juice, under Gastric.
- (n.) The desire for food caused by hunger; appetite; as, a good stomach for roast beef.
- (n.) Hence appetite in general; inclination; desire.
- (n.) Violence of temper; anger; sullenness; resentment; willful obstinacy; stubbornness.
- (n.) Pride; haughtiness; arrogance.
- (v. t.) To resent; to remember with anger; to dislike.
- (v. t.) To bear without repugnance; to brook.
- (v. i.) To be angry.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.