Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: CITES
- Call in an official matter, such as to attend court
- Advance evidence for
- Commend; "he was cited for his outstanding achievements"
- Repeat a passage from; "He quoted the Bible to her"
- Refer to for illustration or proof; "He said he could quote several instances of this behavior"
- Make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
- Refer to; "he referenced his colleagues' work"
- A short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage; "the student's essay failed to list several important citations"; "the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"; "the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"