- (a.) Pertaining to, or obtained from, apples; as, malic acid.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: CLAIM
- (n.) A demand of a right or supposed right; a calling on another for something due or supposed to be due; an assertion of a right or fact.
- (n.) A right to claim or demand something; a title to any debt, privilege, or other thing in possession of another; also, a title to anything which another should give or concede to, or confer on, the claimant.
- (n.) The thing claimed or demanded; that (as land) to which any one intends to establish a right; as a settler's claim; a miner's claim.
- (n.) A loud call.
- (v. i.) To be entitled to anything; to deduce a right or title; to have a claim.
- (v./.) To ask for, or seek to obtain, by virtue of authority, right, or supposed right; to challenge as a right; to demand as due.
- (v./.) To proclaim.
- (v./.) To call or name.
- (v./.) To assert; to maintain.