- Cause to be calm or quiet as by administering a sedative to; "The patient must be sedated before the operation"
- Make steady; "steady yourself"
- Become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation; "After the fight both men need to cool off."; "It took a while after the baby was born for things to settle down again."
- Make calm or still;
- Steadiness of mind under stress; "he accepted their problems with composure and she with equanimity"
- Wind moving at less than 1 knot; 0 on the Beaufort scale
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: CLAMS
- Gather clams, by digging in the sand by the ocean
- Informal terms for money
- Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud; the shell closes with viselike firmness
- Flesh of either hard-shell or soft-shell clams
- A piece of paper money worth one dollar