Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: CLAW
- (n.) A sharp, hooked nail, as of a beast or bird.
- (n.) The whole foot of an animal armed with hooked nails; the pinchers of a lobster, crab, etc.
- (n.) Anything resembling the claw of an animal, as the curved and forked end of a hammer for drawing nails.
- (n.) A slender appendage or process, formed like a claw, as the base of petals of the pink.
- (n.) To pull, tear, or scratch with, or as with, claws or nails.
- (n.) To relieve from some uneasy sensation, as by scratching; to tickle; hence, to flatter; to court.
- (n.) To rail at; to scold.
- (v. i.) To scrape, scratch, or dig with a claw, or with the hand as a claw.